Friday, July 15, 2011

New Litter and County Fair News

We had a litter of 4 born on the 14th! Two are black; the other two are brokens, but I don't know what color yet. The breeding was between Nibles (white doe) and my buck Zip (a broken black). This was Zip's first time as a dad. We'll see what his genes added to the mix :) In other news, the county fair has started over here in Hamilton County, Indiana. I took Ace, Cinnabun, Lilo, and Stitch. Ace (a broken copper) and Cinnabun (full copper) are both does from Nibles first litter. Lilo (white), and Stitch (white) were all from Nibles 2nd litter. Ace won best of breed, Stitch was best opposite. Lilo showed very well, but as a junior, she just didn't have the right coat condition. I think she will be a superb rabbit once she gets over her junior molt. Her rise is just beautiful :) I am excited that Sterling Satins did well this year, and I can't wait to see how my juniors (Lilo and Stitch) and these new babies turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment