Saturday, September 17, 2011

Indiana State Convention 2011

We took Stitch and Lilo to the Indiana State Convention this past weekend. Stitch was second in his class of 6 (junior white bucks), and Lilo was second in her class of 4 (junior white does). We had a great time! And we are getting there :) I also picked up an Intermediate red buck to breed with Cinnabun and Ace to enhance the rufus factor (the gene that reddens their copper band). We got him from Blue Haven Satins, operated by the Cavender family. He's a cutey and has showed well. At this show I believe he got BOSV of the reds. Starting to plan for the National Convention now, details are starting to fall into place. I think I'll bring Stich and/or Lilo again, and Rudi (the red buck). I'm not sure that I'm really competitive, but since the Convention is in my hometown this year, I hate to pass up the opportunity. Chances are I won't be able to attend another one until it comes back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment